The United States Postal Service (USPS) announced on Tuesday that people can place an order for free at-home COVID-19 tests.
The order can be placed at https://special.usps.com/testkits and states that:
* Only one order can be placed per residential address.
*One order comes with four individual rapid COVID-19 antigen tests.
* Free shipping from the end of January.
In related news, Highland County schools saw 68 new cases of COVID-19 from Jan. 3-9 (the most recent data available), according to an ODH update that documents how each school county coping with COVID-19 in 2021. -22 school year.
The last time The Times-Gazette reported cases of COVID-19 in county schools was from Dec. 27 to Jan. 2, when schools saw eight new cases of COVID-19.
Here is the total number of COVID-19 cases each county school has had during the current school year as well as the number of new cases from January 3-9:
* Bright Local Schools had five new student cases and one new staff case. It had 54 total student cases and 12 total staff cases this school year.
* Local schools in Fairfield had four new student cases and two new staff cases. It had 68 total student cases and 19 total staff cases.
* Greenfield exempt village schools had 12 new student cases and six new staff cases. It had 207 total student cases and 45 total staff cases.
* The Highland County Board of DD has had no new student or staff cases, and has had no total student or staff cases so far this school year.
* Hillsboro Christian Academy Preschool had three new student cases, but no new staff cases. It had seven student cases in total and three staff cases in total.
* Private Hillsboro Christian Academy had no new student or staff cases. It had four student cases in total and three staff cases in total.
* Hillsboro City Schools had 23 new student cases and eight new staff cases. It had 154 total student cases and 40 total staff cases.
* Local schools in Lynchburg-Clay had no new student or staff cases. It had 57 total student cases and 13 total staff cases.
* St. Mary’s Catholic Preschool has no new student or staff cases. So far this school year, there have been no total cases of students or staff.
* St. Mary’s Catholic Private School had one new student case and one new staff case. It has had five total student cases and two total staff cases so far this school year.
*Stonewall Academy had no new student or staff cases. So far this school year, there have been no total cases of students or staff.
Highland County is currently seeing 126 new cases of COVID-19 per day, or about 292 cases per 100,000 residents, according to the New York Times COVID Tracker, which was last updated Tuesday.
In other news, Highland County’s COVID-19 case rate was 1,830.4 cases per 100,000 population in the previous two weeks, according to the Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard. of Ohio (ODH), which was last updated on Thursday. The case rate was lower than the state average of 1,883.9 cases per 100,000 population during the same period and ranks the county 36th out of the state’s 88 counties in terms of the highest case rates. higher.
In terms of vaccinations, Highland County currently has 39.50% of county residents who have started their vaccinations, according to the ODH COVID-19 Immunization Dashboard which was last updated Tuesday. The state average for starting vaccines is 60.85%.
In terms of vaccines completed, the state average is 55.82%, while the Highland County average is 36.11%.
The dashboard also shows that 6,639 “third” doses were administered in the county on or after August 12, 2021, to people already fully vaccinated.
Contact Jacob Clary at 937-402-2570.